Friday, November 02, 2007

Warning: graphic images!

Just thought I'd share with you all the great pumpkins that Jeremy and I carved for Halloween:

(in the light)


(in the dark)


(after several weeks sitting inside)




(warning! this is gross!)


How's that for super scary? =)

Now, to impress you with my skills of the librarian...

Mold is bad! It can cause all sorts of health problems like asthma, coughing, rashes, memory impairment, irritable bowel syndrome, headaches, mood swings, etc.

Here are a couple websites about the dangers of mold:

Mold Dangers & Remedies
Molds - The Hidden Danger
The Dangers of Mold in Homes
The Serious Dangers of Mold and Mildew in your House


I could go on. I'm not usually a fear-monger but we're pretty sure mold is what caused the virus that eventually led to my sister's heart problems/heart failure/brain damage. So if you have moldy pumpkins lying around - get rid of them! And carefully.

4 comments:

@bdul muHib said...

Okay, yeah, I was looking at that and worrying about your health! A pumpkin with that much mold in it has been dangerous for quite a while!

Aimee said...

Bummer. We hadn't really been looking at the things until they were quite moldy. I tossed them out right after taking the picture. Maybe that's part of why we're both sick now...

Omar P. said...

I develop allergies nearly each and every autumn - one of my doctors was pretty sure that they are due to mold and mildew. Yeach!

Maybe I can blame people like you for leaving moldy pumpkins lying around. :-)

Aimee said...

Hey, at least it was inside our house. ;-)